Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome Back! This Week: Jan. 6-9

Welcome Back! I hope everyone had a great break! I know that getting back into the swing of things is hard for us all, and I think the weather is making it even harder! However, I am glad to see my students and get started with the our new year.

Parents, as you may know, the schedule is a little different in Jefferson County this year. Instead of taking our exams before Christmas, we are taking them this week. The 3rd 9-week grading period will begin next week. I am very excited about our plans for the third 9-weeks, but first things first--we must take exams and finish up where we left off.

The students were given a study-guide today. We will review more tomorrow, and the 2nd-nine weeks exam will be on Thursday, January 8.

Here is a general schedule for our week:
Tuesday, January 6:
Complete Exam study-guide in class
Homework: finish study-guide if not finished in class.

Wednesday, January 7:
Discuss study-guide and review for exam.
Homework: Study!!!

Thursday, January 8:
Take 2nd Nine-Weeks Final Exam

Friday, January 9:
Library Day- take AR tests, check out new books, etc.